Monday, January 22, 2007

Starting Student Teaching

The past few weeks of break have been a recovery period for me. The end of last semester was so intense, I'm not quite sure how I survived it. No sleep, over 300 pages of written material written and turned in, plus two days a week of subbing.

I took some time off of the computer, to pay attention to my children and my house, all of which was pretty well ignored between Thanksgiving and December 22nd. My daughters needed attention, and the dust bunnies were ankle high!

Today I start my first day of 15 weeks of student teaching. I'm nervous, excited, emotions all over the place.

I think I will keep in mind Buddha's words today:
Your work is to discover your world and then with all your heart give yourself to it.
~ Buddha
I'm going to attempt to log every day of student teaching. I don't know if I can keep it up, because I also have two evening classes, but I expect that documenting a little every day will be fascinating to read, years or even months down the road ...

1 comment:

sandy said...

All the best to you as you begin Student Teaching. I rembember how excting it was to start my internship, how it made reaching my goal feel that much closer!