Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Day 3

Today I taught my first partial lesson.

Listen to how lucky I was ... I found a school and a class where they are learning world religions as well as world history & geography. And this week was the start of Ancient China. On Tuesday, the sixth graders learned about Confucius and Taoism, so I volunteered to bring in some additional information about both. That's fun, for me!

So I got to have a nice discussion about yin-yang, The Way, Tai Chi, and why Confucius' words still apply to us today. Can't imagine a more fun way to teach!

On Friday, I'm teaching a geography lesson to the fifth graders. It won't be as much fun, so I'm working on making it more interesting! I found a book of state mazes ... that's a start.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
~ Confucius

No comments: