Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Day 2 of Apprentice Teaching

Today I met my Field Supervisor. The amount of work that I will have to produce this semester - the reality of it - sunk in quite suddenly, as he discussed the magnitude of the work I would be producing for apprentice teaching. Then I went to tonight's class - the accompanying seminar. On Monday nights, I have my teaching math course.

egh.

After two days in school, plus rushing off to two evening classes in a row, still recovering from a bad cold, and starting to understand just how much work will be expected again this year, I'm feeling overwhelmed.

I'll be taking it one small step at a time, one day at a time.

The good news is, I have a very nice cooperating teacher with lots of experience. The kids are nice, friendly, good kids. Curious. I like that! And I like my field supervisor. He's funny, gregarious, and I think he'll be very helpful. He already gifted me with a full set of New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards. A true gift indeed, especially to my printer ink budget!

Let us not be content to wait and see what will happen, but give us the determination to make the right things happen.
~ Horace Mann

No comments: