Saturday, August 26, 2006

Finding Clarity

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness.
-- Mahatma Gandhi

From the utter chaos into which my life has devolved, I must inject some clarity of thought.

I found out late last night that the money I need to attend school is available. By the end of this weekend, I need to make a decision about whether to take out a massive student loan or not.

It’s a dream finally come true, and the scariest thing I’ve ever done, because I’ll be dragging my girls along this new path.

It feels right, and yet, I still worry about whether I’m making the best decision for my girls as well as myself. It would be a no-brainer, if it was just me. Of course, I wouldn’t be jobless if it weren’t for wanting to keep my girls in their amazing and wonderful school, and therefore not being able to relocate.

The longer I sit in silence, quieting my brain from its fussing and worrying, the more I believe that school is the right choice for me right now.

Finding clarity in the midst of chaos. Not such an easy thing to do.

No comments: