Thursday, June 14, 2007

Passages

Today was graduation at my children's charter school. The graduation was beautiful; it made me cry. I was pondering why I cried so hard this year when I didn't even have a child graduating. One reason was that I did know all the students who graduated very well, and the daughter of one of my dear friends graduated, and I've known her since pre-birth and will miss her very much at that school!

But that wasn't the true reason why I became so emotional. I realized it was because I have had the privilege of watching a graduate blossom and take wing. I have seen the potential realized, and it has been good. In spite of all my frustrations with that school, there is something very powerful there that I continue to believe in.

When I drove home, I stopped at the mailbox and found one precious and hard-earned piece of mail that was very welcome. My teaching Certificate of Eligibility with Advanced Standing! 25 credits and one shit-load of work later, I am now a genuine teacher.

Now all I have to do is find the right match for a job. I admit to being nervous. I am working very hard to trust that the universe will provide what I need to live a life of bliss and joy.

1 comment:

Suna Kendall said...

I am so glad you got the certificate. You really, really are making good progress.