Saturday, December 02, 2006

Information Junkie!

It’s the end of the semester, and I have nine major projects or papers due in the last three weeks of the semester. I can’t remember the last time I slept a full eight hours, and I’m so groggy in the morning that it takes two cups of coffee to get me going, and tea steeped a long time for max caffeine to keep me going all day!

All I begrudge, really, is my sleep. The work is exhilarating, and my head is ready to explode with new ideas, theories, creativity…

I realized at some point last week that I’m an information junkie though. It’s sad, really. Papers that should take me five hours to write end up taking 20 hours instead, because I start researching, and one article leads me to another, which leads to yet another, ad infinitum, and next thing I know, I’m reading about disciplinary literacy instead of multiple intelligence theory, and it’s all so fascinating I can’t stop, but the next project is due on Wednesday and I’m still trying to finish my lesson plans on global warming for the Thursday group project and now I just found another fascinating literacy paper on the Carnegie website. Ack!

So far, the disciplinary literacy paper that I found last week will be used in my global warming project due this week, and the Carnegie paper will help me with my Literacy course unit study. And the fascinating site on mini-offices has visuals that will help me with both the literacy project and the tutoring I’m doing twice a week for IEP students, so it’s all good, but I need to make it stop so I can write!!!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Our minds are finite, and yet even in these circumstances of finitude we are surrounded by possibilities that are infinite, and the purpose of human life is to grasp as much as we can out of the infinitude.
~ Alfred North Whitehead

No comments: